Extremely polite people make me anxious. I wonder what horrible unspoken thing they're waltzing around. Also: I want to crawl out of my skin whenever corporate people lead off by telling me what I did right. The other shoe will surely drop after the pro forma stroking. And I've already explained how effusive people never, ever stick around. I shudder whenever anyone starts flattering my wonderfulness, having a long history of making out infinitely better with those who deem me merely marginally tolerable.
By the same token, perfume and cologne repel me. It's not that I dislike strong aromas. It's because my attention is iexorably drawn to the underlying stink. Something about such fragrances hyper-attunes my nostrils to body odor. I suppose it's a result of three things: 1. my contrarian impulse to always resist misdirection, 2. too many stays in cheap motels where powerful deodorizers only marginally masked the atrocities requiring them (and the horror of gradually becoming aware of the masking's dissipation), and 3. this, which I still haven't managed to flip, except in fits and starts.
- The Fan
- Midterm Elections
- How We Got Trolled Yesterday: The Story You DIDN'T...
- Nationalism: The Shrinking "Us" and the Swelling "...
- Crazy Like Foxes: We're Being Trolled
- Another View of Marches, Plus More Daily 202 Ravin...
- Skin in the Game
- Endlessly Reminding You That We Hate You
- The Inauguration's Empty Bleachers
- Maybe Cool it With the Sushi
- Car Stereo Layla
- Brace for President Pence
- Clickbait Score
- Official News feed of Democratic Peoples Republic ...
- A Quiet Truth About Working in the Arts
- Leaking Back to Russia...Or the Appearance Thereof...
- New Hero: Carlos Kleiber
- Trolling Trump on Russia
- High Impenetrability From My Pointy Pointy Head
- Cooking for a Sensation of Vitality
- Celebrate Good Times....Come On!
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2016 (202)
- ► 2015 (130)
- ► 2014 (147)
- ► 2013 (165)
- ► 2012 (209)
- ► 2011 (193)
- ► 2010 (175)
- ► 2009 (239)