Thursday, February 11, 2010

Millionaire Gives Away Fortune Which Made Him Miserable

The headline of this story made me suspect this was just a publicity stunt, but the beauty and insight of the following two quotes from the subject, Karl Rabeder, stopped me dead in my tracks:
"I had the feeling I was working as a slave for things that I did not wish for or need."
and:
"It was the biggest shock in my life, when I realised how horrible, soulless and without feeling the five star lifestyle is...we had the feeling we hadn't met a single real person"
I especially love how Mr. Rabeder managed to quickly unload his luxury house: via raffle! He sold 21,999 tickets for about $136 each, the total somewhat exceeding the stated value of the house.

He concludes:
"I have the feeling that there are lot of people doing the same thing."
Yes. There really are. It's beneath radar, but things are changing tectonically.

No comments:

Blog Archive